See the world through the eyes of a BROTHA ON THE BRINK!!
Sooooo…. Yeah…. Here we are at the end of 2015/ beginning of 2016 and there are still some questions I have lingering that I’d love some answers to. Some serious, some not, some land somewhere in between, but just a few things have crossed my mind and I scratch my head wondering aloud sometimes “I can’t be the only one that is thinking/noticing this… can I?” To that end, in no particular order, here are a few of the questions I’d reeeeeeally love an answer to…
1. Just how many damn Kardashians/Jenners are there? It started with a sex tape now we’re here. And where is ‘here’? Almost everything all of these kids do makes news. I’m curious as to how many are there because at least I can figure out maybe how much longer the media will be obsessed with if one of them brushed but didn’t floss first. I give Kim credit for knowing how to make fun of herself and the realization that she doesn’t have bankable assets and talents far beyond her, well, ‘ass’ets and having some business acumen but as for the rest of the clan, yeah… I don’t want my teenage son to have ‘Keeping up with the Kardashians- grandkids in college’ years from now…
2. And I quote, ‘where ya word was everything so everything you said you do? You did it… couldn’t talk about it if you ain’t live it’.
That’s a line from Jay-Z’s song ‘Where I’m from’ from his CD In My Lifetime released in 1997. Did he, and everyone else totally forget this? I ask because ummmm…. WHY DOES RICK FRAUD, ERR.. I MEAN, ROSS STILL HAVE A CAREER? I’m mean seriously, cmon. Dude’s whole life is a fabrication, a well known and documented one which was highlighted by his back and forth with 50 cent. And yet, this guy gets cameo after cameo even with Jay himself. How did this happen? No denying dude has flow but as for content… I mean, we should’ve all learned what we needed to know when he got sued for the use of his stage name by the real Freeway Rick Ross
3. So is America going to wake up and figure out this Trump fellow is a bad idea? It’s stupefying that not only is he still around for the republican party he’s actually in the lead for the nod much to the chagrin of republican stalwarts with last names like Bush. I have this crazy conspiracy theory that he’s actually a plant by the democrats and all of this will come to a head after Hilary wins. In WWE fashion he’s going to come out to Clinton HQ after Hilary wins, congratulate her, call the republicans idiots and let everyone know it was the plan all along to get Hilary elected. You can’t actually think you can win the presidential election against a woman when you’ve gone on record insulting and belittling women. And Mexicans. And Blacks. And Muslims. If you pay close attention to his rhetoric I’m seriously hoping someone nabs his ‘Hitler How-To Starter Kit’ before he inspires the wrong kind of movement. Currently the only one he inspires in me is of the bowel variety but there’s more than a few folks that are buying what this guy is selling.
4. It’s not just if, but WHO i’m willing to shank to score some tix for Adele’s world tour. Heartbreak brought us her last album, the infamous SNL skit, and the ‘bring even a hardened criminal to their knees’ anthem Someone Like You. This album. THIS ALBUM. THIS is what love and happiness sounds like. Like it was mixed with pixie dust and a fallen feather from a unicorn wing.
5. I’m really curious what it takes to have my own College Bowl game. I mean, judging by some of the names (belk bowl, famous idaho potato bowl, just to name a couple) I’d like to name one. The ‘On The Brink’ bowl or the ‘Brotha Bowl’. Actually, the Brotha Bowl might not go over too well but hey it’s worth a shot.
6. Gun Control. Yeaeeeahhh… imma just let that one sit there… Yup… I have questions. Then a few more. then a couple after that. Not sure if there are real answers.
7. Is the new Star Wars flick gonna live up to all the hype? Is the new Sith Lord comparable to Vader? Is the new Sith Lord’s light sabre being in the shape of a cross accidental or symbolic? And while we’re talking about movies…
8. If eating raw meat and sleeping in an animal carcass isn’t enough to get you an Oscar, what is? Oh, and before you hit me with ‘DUDE!!! YOU COULD’VE SAID SPOILER ALERT!!!!’ the reason I didn’t is because these things are nowhere near the only trials and tribulations Leo had to face in The Revenant. Trust me… it’s a great flick and if this doesn’t make Leo an Oscar winner I don’t be surprised to find Steven Speilberg, George Lucas, and some studio big-wig in a hostage situation reeeeal soon.
9. Coldplay? FRIGGIN COLDPLAY?? With all due respect, it’s Superbowl 50. Like, the 50th. The big 5-0, and this is who gets to play? I figure for the 50th you need a really BIG act. Prince, MJ, Beyonce, Madonna, something of that category. Yeah, yeah, I know, they’ve already done it so who does that leave? Metallica anyone? U2 if they haven’t? I dunno…. I expected something bigger than Coldplay..
Those are 9 burning questions at the front of my dome at this time. I would’ve come up with 10 but hey, that would make me like everyone else and the Brotha ain’t like that. Now if you’ll excuse me I’m gonna see how much hate mail I get from Coldplay fans.